MassVentures and the UMass Lowell Office of Entrepreneurship & Economic Development will host a gathering of entrepreneurs, business leaders, faculty, students and other members of the innovation ecosystem from across the Merrimack Valley.
The event begins with the Technology Venture Pitch Contest with five local teams competing for a chance to win $5K in grant funding from MassVentures and access to the broader advisory, mentor, educational and community resources of MassVentures and UMass Lowell. Following the contest, there will be a Community Forum on Funding Sources & Strategies in the Massachusetts Innovation Ecosystem.
- Inaugural MassVentures $5K Business Pitch Competition & Community Forum
- Thursday May 18, 2017
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am Business Pitch Competition
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm Community Forum on Funding Sources & Strategies
- UMass Lowell Innovation Hub, 110 Canal St., Lowell, MA
State Senator Eileen Donoghue (~11:30am); Jerry Bird, President, MassVentures
Teams competing for funding:
- Horsepower Technologies Inc. (Lowell, MA)
- invisaWear Technologies, LLC (Nashua, NH)
- InVitroMetrix Corporation (Lowell, MA)
- Lavoie Industries (Lowell, MA)
- Nonspec (Lowell, MA)
- Jennifer Daloisio, Chief Financial Officer, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
- Abi Barrow, Office of Technology Commercialization and Ventures (OTCV) at the University of Massachusetts & Founding Director, Massachusetts Technology Transfer Center (MTTC)
- Jim Kenney, VP Commercial Lending, The Emerging Technology Fund (ETF), MassDevelopment
- Tom O’Donnell, Director, UMass Lowell iHub
MassVentures is quasi-public venture capital firm focused on fueling the Commonwealth’s innovation economy by funding early-stage, high-growth Massachusetts startups as they move from concept to commercialization.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; May 16, 2017
CONTACT: Kate Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org//617.773.4842