MALSI+ 2021: The Hub at Warp Speed
From Lab to Jab to Beyond
The Votes are in!!!
- Judge's #1 pick: Pawan Jolly, Wyss Institute at Harvard University, Stata DX: Nanosensor detection of blood-based biomarkers for brain injury and disease.
- Audience #1 pick: Marshall Ma, Boston University: Cardiac toxicity screening in early drug development using engineered cardiac tissue and continuous microscopic recording.
Congrats to Pawan and Marshall--and to all of our poster presenters!!
2021 Poster Presenters:
- Todd Chappell, Tufts University: Engineered enzyme replacement therapy to solve orphan diseases.
- Karen Dunphy, University of Massachusetts, E2-Path: Personalized breast cancer treatment.
- Bonnie Fendrock, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Cyta Therapeutics: Pre-clinical stage therapeutics for liver diseases.
- Michael Ferguson, Maine Medical Center: Simulation-based training with wearable watch to improve neonatal outcomes in rural medical communities.
- Benjamin Freedman, Harvard University, Limax Bio: Bio-inspired internal adhesive that prevents internal bleeding after suturing.
- Peter Gwynne, Tufts University: Early detection of Lyme, with three new antibodies.
- Pawan Jolly, Wyss Institute at Harvard University, Stata DX: Nanosensor detection of blood-based biomarkers for brain injury and disease.
- Uros Kuzmanovic, Boston University, BioSens8: Platform technology for discovery and engineering of novel, continuously monitoring biosensors.
- Yu-Shan Lin, Tufts University, StrEAMM: Simulation and machine learning for de novo design of cyclic peptides.
- Mariana Lopes, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Optical Waters: Optical fiber that fits into medical devices and eliminates the bacteria that cause biofilms.
- Marshall Ma, Boston University: Cardiac toxicity screening in early drug development using engineered cardiac tissue and continuous microscopic recording.
- Jamie Maguire, Tufts University School of Medicine: Endogenous promotion of neurosteroids to treat multiple psychiatric disorders.
- Carmela Mascio, Livonyx: Automated rapid hand disinfection system for healthcare workers.
- Craig Martin, University of Massachusetts Amherst, RNA4 Therapeutics, Synthesizing RNA at scale without impurities.
- Varahunan Mathiyalakan, Johns Hopkins University, AirTight: Noninvasive respiratory therapy with minimal viral aerosolization to treat COVID-19 patients under acute respiratory distress.
- Jyotsna Mehta, Keva Health Inc: Remote monitoring for respiratory health.
- Emily Melzer, University of Massachusetts Ahmerst, Latde Diagnostics: Sepsis prevention.
- Srinidi Mohan, University of New England: Novel-based biomarkers for early breast cancer detection.
- Shen Ning, Boston University School of Medicine/MGH, Inia: Next generation of wearable diagnostic technology/treatment technology.
- Morteza Sarmadi, MIT, Asan Therapeutics: Smarter drug delivery for immunotherapy treatment.
MALSI + 2021 Sponsors
Platinum: MassBio, Novo Nordisk
Gold: Bayer; Massachusetts Life Science Center; McDermott, Will & Emery; Troutman Pepper
Silver: Burns Levinson, Goldcast
Supporter: Boston Entrepreneur's Network, Eli Lilly & Company, Explora Biolabs, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, J.P. Morgan