Conference Agenda - Thursday, July 22, 2021
10.00am-10.45am Panel I: Investing in Innovation--What Investors Seek in Biotech Startups
Panelists representing four distinct categories of investors will share insights on what it takes to gain their attention and what they look for in making a decision to close a deal.
10.45am-12:00 pm Poster pitches/audience voting See the lineup of aspiring academic innovators.
12pm-12:45pm Lunch Keynote Speaker: Barbara Fox, CEO, Rheos Medicines "Journey from Academia to Serial Biotech Entrepreneur: Lessons Learned" Moderated by Kate Sheridan, Boston Globe STAT & Introduced by Kendalle Burlin O’Connell, President & COO of MassBio
12:45pm-1:45pm Structured and Open Networking/Visits at Marketplace for Innovators Tables
1:45pm-2:00 pm Poster winners announced
2:00pm - 2:45pm Panel 2: Pharma Innovations
Modern Pharma companies rely on external innovation with academic and industry partners to bolster their drug R&D pipelines. This panel features leaders of external innovation in 5 of the top 20 Pharma companies. These influential leaders will discuss their companies' perspectives and priorities regarding external innovation and share insights on how to most effectively interact with their teams.
- Swarna Balasubramanian, Emerging Innovations Program Lead at AstraZeneca
- Anjali Kumar, External Innovation Search and Evaluation, Eastern US, Johnson & Johnson Innovation;
- Lizabeth Leveille, Vice President and Head, Boston & European Innovation Hubs, BD&L at Merck;
- Wendi Yajnik, Global Head of Academic Partnerships and External Innovation at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research.
- Imran Nasrullah, Vice President & Head, Open Innovation Center North America - East at Bayer Pharmaceuticals (Moderator)
For Speaker List with Bios, go to MALSI-2021/Speakers